The International Law Students Association is a non-profit association of students and lawyers who are dedicated to the promotion of international law. ILSA provides students with opportunity to study, research, and network in the international legal arena. The organization's activities include academic conferences, publications, the global coordination of student organizations, and the administration of the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
Certain Objectives of ILSA:
1. To encourage communication among students and lawyers from different parts of the world in an effort to promote international understanding and cooperation in general, and the advancement of legal education in particular
2. To contribute to legal education, to foster mutual understanding, and to promote social responsibility of students and lawyers
3. To provide opportunities for law students and lawyers to learn about other cultures and legal systems in a spirit of critical dialogue and international cooperation
4. To assist law students and lawyers to be internationally-minded and professionally skilled
5. To assist in and encourage the development of international career resources and opportunities for internationally minded students and lawyers